Ksh 28B capitation funds to reach schools next week, says Machogu


Sharing is caring!

The government is set to disburse Ksh28 billion in capitation funds for junior and senior secondary schools beginning next week.

This was revealed by the Education Cabinet Secretary (CS) Ezekiel Machogu when he commissioned a water purifying plant at the Sacred Heart Mukumu Girls High School in Kakamega on Saturday.

“I want to assure Kenyans that capitation funds for our junior secondary and senior secondary schools has now been given to us by the national treasury and we are disbursing the funds to all schools beginning next week,” the CS said.

Machogu further said that the government is in negotiations with the World Bank to fund construction of laboratories in all 23,823 Junior Secondary Schools (JSSs).

“We agreed that Grade 7 be domiciled in primary schools and so we have enough classrooms but what we are trying to do now is to ensure that we have enough laboratories in the existing Junior Secondary Schools,” CS Machogu reiterated.

He added that the government is partnering with Members of Parliament (MPs) so that out of the CDF funds allocated constituencies some can are channeled towards the JSS laboratory projects in their constituencies.

“As the Ministry, we will be able to provide 40 per cent while CDF will do the remaining 60 per cent,” Machogu said.

By Our Reporter

Get more stories from our website: Education News

You can also follow our social media pages on Twitter: Education News KE  and Facebook: Education News Newspaper for timely updates.

Hits: 96

Don`t copy text!