Fierce fire razes down dormitory at Tala High School

The smouldering remains of the dormitory that was completely destroyed in early morning fire.

Property of unknown worth was consumed in a dormitory fire at St. John’s Tala High School in Matungulu Sub-county of Machakos County.

Wambua Muasya, the school head, told Education News on phone that the cause of the morning fire was an electric fault.

The Machakos fire department arrived when the damage had already been done, but put the fire out anyway.

The sub-county police commander said the dormitory housed 240 students and no property was salvaged.

“One dorm with a capacity of 240 students caught fire in the morning and was razed down,” he said, adding that fortunately there were no casualties as the students were already in class.

The backside of the dormitory is also a sight of destruction.

The dormitory suffered extensive damage due to the flames, reducing everything to rubble before the Machakos fire department arrived and helped to put out the fire.

By the time of reporting, the police and education officers had arrived at the school for investigations into the incident.

Several parents, fearing for the safety of their children, had started to flock the school as soon as the news of the inferno spread around.

They were however assured there were no injuries and they went back home.

YOU MAY ALSO READ:

Moi University bus involved in accident while heading to Mombasa

By Agnes Orang’o

Get more stories from our website: Education News 

To write to us or offer feedback, you can reach us at: editor@educationnews.co.ke

You can also follow our social media pages on Twitter: Education News KE  and Facebook: Education News Newspaper for timely updates.

>>> Click here to stay up-to-date with trending regional stories

 

Sharing is caring!

Don`t copy text!